1. Determine what your home is worth. Your Ogden agent will conduct a comparative market analysis (CMA) to help set the asking price for your home. The CMA will take into account recently sold homes, homes currently on the market, and will factor in condition, location, time of year, and current interest rates.
2. Prepare Your Home. Working to get your home ship shape for showings will increase its value and shorten your sales time.
- Make minor repairs. Fix as many sticky doors, torn screens, dripping faucets as possible.
- Clear the clutter/ Clear the kitchen counters of just about everything. Clean out closets by packing up little used items like out of season clothing and old toys. Pack up family photos, knickknacks, and wall hangings to depersonalize your home. Put large pieces of furniture in storage.
- Do a thorough cleaning. A clean house makes a strong first impression that your home has been well cared for. Wash windows, clean carpeting, drapes, wash light fixtures and baseboards, mop and wax floors, and give your stove and refrigerator a thorough once over. Pay attention to details. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates, clean inside of cabinets and polish door knobs. Don’t forget to clean your garage. Your Ogden agent will provide a comprehensive checklist filled with tips on repairing, decorating and cleaning your home to make it the most appealing to buyers.
3. Progress of the Transaction. Your Ogden agent will oversee the progress of the transaction including:
- Making sure deadlines are met
- Ensuring that the buyer submits loan commitment
- Provide you with copies of the home inspection
- Coordinate all activities for the closing
- Review documents and finalize the transaction with you on closing day
4. Concierge Services. Your Ogden agent will provide information and contacts for a number of services such as:
- pre-sale organization,
- disconnecting and reconnecting home utilities and services
- estate sale services
- moving and storage